Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Feminism Vs. Gender Equality: My Problem with Feminism in 1st World Countries

Recently in my experience there has been quite an inflammation of angry women claiming the abuse, mistreatment, and injustice at the hands of men. To sum it up, men are pigs.

Now don't get me wrong. The pure dictionary definition of "feminism" is essentially a good thing. "The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men." However, with good intentions perhaps, we are definitely blind and heading in the wrong direction.

Now, bearing in mind that I myself am in fact female, prepare yourselves; for what I am about to propose may come across as quite offensive to some, or most. However, I am not here to wipe bottoms nor tickle your happy knickers. I am here to speak my mind, inspire, and make a difference in the world. Now, if you are prepared to perhaps change your thinking, you may read on. however, if you are easily offended and close-minded, you may want to stop reading here.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Ok, for all of you who are interested in a different point of view, hear me out. Like I said, I myself am female. And this post does not pertain to all women, just those who like to run their mouths and make us look bad. Sorry, but I'm not sorry. Most of the people that I tend to surround myself with are female, yet I get along greatly with men. (usually)

So we have already established that the denotative meaning of feminism has good intentions. However, there is something that we have missed. Something so essential and basic that we have perhaps even just glanced over it unknowingly. First, why do we have to define it as "feminism"? it perplexes me that the ACTUAL DEFINITION of feminism has the term "equality to men" in it. Why can't it just be coined "gender equality"? See, the very idea of feminism is ironic.

Let me explain. Men have problems too, and women aren't innocent. The main issues surrounding "feminism" include equal work opportunities, equal pay, etc. These are LEGAL issues which have virtually been solved, at least, in America. But what women tend to exacerbate the most is the little things. They complain about how men view them and therefore treat them. THIS is where I become greatly offended and indignant. Now let's put on out grown-up undergarments for a moment.

You've heard women complain about being objectified, used, "just wanted for their body." They try to blame this on men. However, women are not innocent. A lot of females will USE THEIR BODY KNOWINGLY to get what they want from a man. Also, women will dress provocatively, in a desperate attempt to get the attention of a man. They are NOT forced to do this. A man will, in fact, respect you MORE and you might find TRUE love if you covered up your bust a bit, babe.

Ok, i can see how this still leaves room for argument to be "all men's fault". This post is not to place the full blame on one gender, it is just exposing the hogwash that women have tried to sell the world. Women are no more innocent than men are. Yet men are far too often placed under the spotlight of shame, yet hidden in the shadows of emasculation. The only reason that we don't have such a thing as "masculinism" is that men are not as whiny, attention-seeking, and darn-right catty as women are. (Like I said, speaking to a certain, but unfortunately prominent group of women here).

Feminism isn't a bad thing, when ya do it right. Truly, it's supposed to be GENDER EQUALITY. That means in all areas, ladies. We have flaws just like men do. We are just as guilty/ innocent as men are.  We go to the restroom, just like men do. We sing in the shower, just like (some) men do, if you're the musical type. The only difference between a man and a woman? A penis and a vagina. (of course there are other innate hormonal differences and such, but you know what i mean). Now I didn't go into detail about the problems that men face, but just briefly: men are judged for their money and ability to provide for a woman, their "masculinity", their physical appearance (which a lot of men relate to masculinity), and so on and so forth.

So come on ladies, let's all stop being bitches, and go give a man a hug. Tell him you like his beard, even if you don't. We all need to stop hiding behind our huge signs of gender. Our sex doesn't define us, and that is one more step that everyone can take to being a little bit more of their true self. Gender Equality, ya'll.

Peace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment