Wednesday, July 10, 2013

So, I have been undergoing some major changes in my life and I am slowly learning to embrace them. One of my major foundations has recently been shaken: what do I want to do with my life???

Consequently, I have to redefine my standards and definitions of success.
Allow me to elaborate.

I used to think that being able to tell people that you were going to the most prestigious school around and planning to do something academically spectacular with your life was successful. I truly thought that that was "making something out of yourself".

Imagine my shock when, not a year later, I find myself telling people that I am planning to attend the LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE and then perhaps transfer. (I add that part in to alleviate the embarrassment of the first half of the statement).

And to be honest, I am not even sure of that anymore. Who's to say I can't be just as happy living in a trailer on a farm with my mom and riding horses every weekend? Seriously. My grandfather, whom I love and admire, has always reminded me OVER AND OVER to NEVER let anything get in my way of being successful. So i guess another facet of all this change is finding out ALL OVER AGAIN what I want in life. What will make me happy? Isn't that the age old question??? HERE WE GO!

Sincerely Seventeen, Jasmine :)


No comments:

Post a Comment